ADSM-L

Re: ADSM NT4.0 and Seagate

1997-03-03 16:18:13
Subject: Re: ADSM NT4.0 and Seagate
From: "Hankard, William" <whankard AT TESENT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 16:18:13 -0500
Hello Tim,

        Thanks for the information.  Here is our current hardware
configuration:

        Compaq Deskpro 6000
        64Mbytes of RAM
        14Gbytes DASD
        3Com Etherlink Fast Ethernet Controller
        Compaq 4/16 Autoloader 4mm
        Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 1
        ADSTAR ADSM Version 2.1 for Windows NT

        Is this a supported configuration to be used with ADSM?  We are having
problems loading
        the ADSMSCSI.SYS file into NT.  What happen's is, that there is no .INF
file associated with
        this driver(ADSMSCSI.SYS)  Do you know of this problem?  We really
would like to implement this
        program company wide ASAP.

        Am I having these problems, because this is not the full version that
one might purchase from IBM
        Direct?  Are we missing some files?  Does setup detect the autoloader?
We have looked
        extensively at the help files, but to no avail.

        I have implemented ADSM on the UNIX side without any issues at all.
Myself and my peers have
        seen what great things ADSM has done on the UNIX side, and would like
to reap the benefits of
        this package on the NT side.  Please provide myself or
ssahlas AT tesent DOT com with any pointers or
        corrections you might have.  Thanks for your prompt response in this
matter.

        -bill hankard