ADSM-L

Q CONtent for Offsite

1997-03-03 12:17:35
Subject: Q CONtent for Offsite
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:17:35 EST
Does anyone know of a way to query which offsite tape volumes
belong to a node?  I have collocation off for the offsitepool, so I
realize there may be multiple nodes on a tape.  If they want to bring a
subset of tapes to the disaster site, based on the ability to restore
just a handful of nodes for a disaster test, is there an easy way to
get that info?  I have a daily Rexx routine that does a Q CON and just
reads the first few lines to get the owner of each onsite volume. I
only have to read who owns the first file, because collocation is on.
I'd like a daily report like this for offsite tapes. (Which nodes have
data on which tapes, sorted by node)
Anyone know of a way to do this outside of a q content of each tape,
read the entire thing, output to a file, sort the file by nodename and
tape, then eliminate duplicate lines?  (A Q CON of each tape, reading
the entire thing and not just the first few lines, would be very slow)
Thanks for any help..
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM