ADSM-L

SAP Backups

1997-03-03 09:53:00
Subject: SAP Backups
From: "michael.j.hsu" <michael.j.hsu AT AC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:53:00 -0500
I have a question regarding SAP and backups.  First let me preface this
question with the fact that I am new to ADSM and this list.
SAP recommends that a FULL backup be completed after you perform an upgrade of
their software.  Is this necessary using ADSM
(version 2.1 on AIX)?  Will the daily incrementals that we perform be
sufficient?  Perhaps we need to perform a full archive?  Any input
would be appreciated.

In an unrelated matter, can people responding to questions post the question
(or at least provide some idea of the question) in their
response?  I've seen many replies to questions that I think I could learn from
only if I knew the original questions.  This would benefit
new comers to ADSM (such as myself)

Thanks,

Mike