ADSM-L

Copy Pool He&%.##

2015-10-04 18:10:12
Subject: Copy Pool He&%.##
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/28/97 6:31PM
Dave and Dwight -

Thanks for the help - I will keep this in mind.

It is now 8:30 at night, and I am at home, we have turned off the migration for
the weekend, and I am going to the Hinterlands (read Indiana) for 5 days to look
at Colleges for my youngest daughter.  The new guy in our shop (Bob Annino,
formaerly of Aetna and Connecticut Mutual Life) will get to watch this.  I have
to get him to sign up on this list :-)

The good news for the day is that, despite all of the extra messages, the
process does seem to be working.  We started the reclamation process at about
11:00 this morning, and by 3:00 in the afternoon, we had actually reclaimed over
300 tapes.  The number of messages we received about missing files kept dropping
and dropping.  Then late this afternoon, I looked at the list of tapes that I
had returned to empty status, and sure enough, the first one I looked at was on
the list of tapes that had previously been mentioned in the ANR1163 message,
which seems to confirm our suspicion that these messages were not as serious as
we thought.

Soooooo.... We will start the reclaim process again on Monday, and see what
happens.  It may be the euphoria of actually being out of the office for 5 days,
but it all seems better today.  But there was another bad problem today which
required that we bounce the server - but I'll cover that in a separate note.

Dwight - as for Excel, I was using V5.  It was actually quite slick - I just
opened the file as a .TXT, it told me it had found fixed format, delimited by
spaces, and lined up the columns and headers nicely.  I just deleated the
headers, and then sorted away.  I was running this under OS/2 Warp, running as a
seamless session.  No problems, Mon.

Anyway, thanks again for the support.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com