ADSM-L

Re: maxfilesize and compression

1997-02-28 10:38:35
Subject: Re: maxfilesize and compression
From: Michael R Vogt <vogt AT AUK.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:38:35 -0500
>Michael, was there sufficient room in the disk storage pool?  If not,
>the files will go directly to tape.
>
>Ron Clendenny <rdclendenny AT cal.ue DOT com>
>Callaway Nuclear Power Plant
>Fulton, Missouri

Yes. The disk storage pool is 10GB and is about 50% full. And no migration
started during or after the backup.

I just did a "dsmc selective" on 1 file that was 19MB.
I got the message "Waiting for mount of offline media...." and yet the
summary showed "Total number of bytes transferred: 6,387.6 KB" and
"Compression percent reduction: 66.39%". A query occupancy shows:

Type  Filespace    Storage      Number of       Space
      Name         Pool Name        Files    Occupied
                                                 (MB)
Bkup  /home        TAPE_BU              1        6.15
Bkup  /home        TAPE_BU              1        6.15