ADSM-L

Re: passwordaccess generate

1997-02-27 23:34:22
Subject: Re: passwordaccess generate
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 23:34:22 EST
On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:40:55 -0500 Debbie Spencer said:
>What client platform are you running on?  I'm not sure that the
>passwordaccess generate option is available on Windows NT 4.0 clients.

passwordaccess gemerate is available for windows NT and windows 95.
For windows nt it is the method that allows one to run the
adsm scheduler as a windows nt service.

You put the passwwordaccess genrate in the dsm.opt file.
Then use the dsmc line mode client to store the password into the
     registery
Then the service module "dsmcsvc.exe" and command line client "dsmc.exe"
read the password from the registery. The Gui client does not.

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513