ADSM-L

Re: recover

1997-02-26 23:05:48
Subject: Re: recover
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 22:05:48 -0600
Item Subject: recover
     Lesly, you broke rule number 1, you believed what you found in a
     manual... here is the trick though... I can't stand to see one suffer!
     On client B do this...
     1) logon as root
     2) cd /tmp
     3) mkdir nodeA_ADSM    (so now you have /tmp/nodeA_ADSM
     4) dsmc -serv=nodeAserver -node=nodeA
     5) dsmc> restore /opt/IBMDSMbas/*   /tmp/nodeA_ADSM
     6) enter nodeA's password when requested
     7) exit dsmc & FTP what is found in /tmp/nodeA_ADSM over to nodeA

     This really works... I wouldn't lie to you after you've lost all trust
     by believing in what a manual said... GOD & I just noticed I screwed
     up by substituting nodeA for clientA... no really I don't write
     manuals on the side ;-)  you get the drift...
     later
          Dwight
     PS... save this in your hip pocket for when some database
     administrator has lost their production node and wants to scrap their
     development box & reload their production backups on it... it is good
     for at least a weeks worth of lunches