ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:10:12

  Dwight,  the BFS files I referred to, the flat files in my second level
  storage group that is sometimes
  tape, but in my case I use only DASD.  The BFS in the file name is an IBM
  default, I believe.
  I have to run EXPIRE every day just to keep the storage groups clean.
  The ADSM region
  goes into a high CPU usage state then hangs.  This happens everyday,
  sometimes after
  EXPIRE ends and sometimes right before it completes.  We have to cancel
  ADSM because
  of the high CPU usage and on the reload the clean up from the EXPIRE
  begins.  The BFS files
  are mounted one by one to be deleted.  The delay to get signed back on to
  ADSM to do some
  restores was a record 7 HOURS yesterday.  Users are starting to complain
  as you would expect.
  As I stated all of my second level storage group is kept on disk, which I
  would expect to help
  speed things up.  This storage group is what the BACKUPPOOL  storage
  group is migrated too.
  Hope this helps.  I need some help.
  Thanks,
  Paul Brown