ADSM-L

DLT 7000 and Sun Solaris 2.5 ?

1997-02-27 01:40:00
Subject: DLT 7000 and Sun Solaris 2.5 ?
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 08:40:00 +0200
Hi,

I'm about to demonstrate the following configuration to some very negative
individuals and I would like to know if it does work before I attempt it.

I've got a Solaris 2.5 server to which I want to connect a Quatum DLT7000
Drive which is inside an autoloader.

My question is....

1)      Is the DLT7000 a supported drive under this O/S with ADSM as the backup
        server ?  (If not, I can change the box to think that it actually is an
        exabyte 210)
2)      Where can I get the latest drivers for the atl and drive if answer 1 is
positive..

3)      Does IBM have a supported device list somewhere on the web ? If not,
won't
        it be a great idea ?

Thanks for any help !

Regards