ADSM-L

Re: Controlling BFS Deletes after EXPIRE

1997-02-26 21:22:09
Subject: Re: Controlling BFS Deletes after EXPIRE
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 20:22:09 -0600
     Paul, what is being referred to by BFS ? (backup file system comes to
     mind but I hate guess work...)  Our MVS test server I believe is at
     2.1.12 I can't say right now cause it isn't running... but this sounds
     like something I need to look into...  the only hits I got in my
     manuals for BFS was an arbitrary name  used in conjunction with data
     set prefixes on tapes...  Could  you enlighten me a little more...
     Currently it sounds like when it died it left something in an "easy to
     tell something went wrong" state and I don't think I'd want ADSM to
     allow access until it had straightened itself out... but I need a
     little more info...
     later
         Dwight