ADSM-L

HLQ for offsite copies

2015-10-04 18:10:12
Subject: HLQ for offsite copies
From: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: higmx.oas at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/26/97 10:43AM
Date: 2/25/97 6:15PM
It was stated here that you cannot modify the HLQ on the devclass statement,
as that would then invalidate all old tapes.  The only way to do this would be
to set up a new devclass, and then go from there.  This probably isn't a big
deal with data base backups, but could be a major headache for a storage pool.
 We have just moved 2 very large pools and it isn't hard, but not a lot of
fun.

E-mail me if you want to know what we did.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com