ADSM-L

ADSM Database restore

1997-02-26 10:13:53
Subject: ADSM Database restore
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:13:53 -0400
I looked at one of the old mails in the ADSM mailing list and there
mentioned was that we need to the following things

1.  Bring down the ADSM server.
2.  Remove the corrupted database file.  In our case, it will be
/adsm/adsm-db/dbvol01
3.  Format the database file using dsmfmt -m -db /adsm/adsm-db/dbvol01 900
command.
4.  Use dsmserv install command.
5.  Now use the dsmserv restore db todate=02/25/1997

I did all of the above steps,  but when I am doing the last step which is
to issue the dsmserv restore db command, I am getting the following
messages.

     ANR8305E   Library DLTLIB is not ready or operational.
     Sending message to socket 50004 failed on "A remote host refused an
attempted connect operation."
     cs_ipc_write:    FATAL ERROR!     cl_ipc_write( ) failed.
     acs_ipc_write:  FATAL ERROR!     cl_ipc_write( ) failed.
     ANR9999D  mmsssi.c (7700):  SSI API or Portmapper down on this host.
Manual intervention is required.

If I issue the q_server from /usr/lpp/adsmserv/SSI subdirectory, I get

     Server Query Success.  Can confirm  robotic server is available to
take requests.

I can manually login to the robotic server running ACSLS software and can
run commands from there.  Somehow the interface between the ADSM server and
the ACSLS software/server is not working properly.

Please let me know what to be done in this scenerio.   I am not able to
bring the server at all as it asks me to restore the database first.

Thanks,
Naveed.