ADSM-L

Re: Tape reclamation and one drive ????

1997-02-25 14:57:32
Subject: Re: Tape reclamation and one drive ????
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:57:32 -0500
On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Dwight E. Cook wrote:

|      Use "move data blahtapevolser stg=somediskstoragepool"  then it will
|      empty the tape to disk and return the tape to scratch status, if you
|      checked them in as status=scratch to begin with...

Interesting.  During that move, will ADSM move the entire contents, or
just the data that is active?  Many of my full volumes show the
utilization as low as 10%.  I'm using DLT4 tapes and really don't have the
resources to create a 20-40GB storage pool.  :)

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development