ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server with IPX

1997-02-25 12:36:36
Subject: Re: ADSM Server with IPX
From: Marbach <mam AT MHSGW.GRS DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:36:36 +0100
Peter,

we are using commmethod IPX for some Windows PC (ADSM Client 2.1.0.2).
ADSM Server 2.1.0.6 is runing on AIX 4.1.4
The first installation of  the IPX-stack on AIX 4.1.4 crashes the system.

Only  a suggestion :
Check lslpp -ah ipx.rte
With Version 4.1.4.8 our server works.fine.

Now we have only (small) problems with the 32-Bit Win Client 2.1.0.6
using IPX.

Regards   Martin

Peter wrote :

On  2/25/97    Time:  4:06p,
>Subject: ADSM Server and IPX
>Hello everyone.

>If you are running the ADSM Server v2.1.5.11, on AIX 4.1.5, and are
using a
>communication method of IPX, I would like to hear from you.  If you are
>running something similar to this, I would like to hear from you.>

>I am currently installing a new ADSM server on a RS/6000 F40 with AIX
4.1.5.
>Everything works well except for the IPX stack.  In the manual, it
states
>that one should use "AIX and NetBIOS Support/6000" or "AIX Connections"
>provide your server with the IPX stack.  I install AIX Connections and
I'm