ADSM-L

Re: ANS5624E Unknown system error.

1997-02-25 10:10:35
Subject: Re: ANS5624E Unknown system error.
From: Mark Duley <thmgd01 AT OSMF.BT.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:10:35 +0000
Matti Harvala wrote:

>   Hello !
>
> I have a urgent problem with my adsm-server.
>
> I can not "login" with dsmadmc command, i get following messages:
>
> # dsmadmc
> ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
> Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.6G
> (C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1996, All Rights Reserved.
>
> Enter your user id:  harvala
> ANS5624E Unknown system error.
> ANS5519E Unable to establish session with server.
>
> ANS5103I Highest return code was -450.
>
> # dsmserv
> ANR0000E Unable to open language AMENG for message formatting.
>
> ========
>
> >From /usr/lpp/dsmserv/bin I can start the server with dsmserv command but
> that wotn help me I still can't login.
>
> pls. help me fast
>
>   Matti Harvala
>   Unix System Manager (Computing Services)
>
>   Nokia Mobile Phones    Phone:  +358 (0)10 505 2254
>   P.O. Box 86            Fax:    +358 (0)10 505 2899
>   24101 SALO FINLAND     Mobile: +358 (0)40 556 5931
>   E-mail: matti.harvala AT nmp.nokia DOT com

I had this problem which IBM informed was a known problem.. What you
need is to get hold of version 12 of the server code. The problem that I
had was due to a memory leak and was caused if there was many schedules
from a server. There is abit of code which IBM can supply lsof which can
tell you how many processes are running which cause the memory leak. I
was told thathe messages it was putting out was a TCP no protocol
message which the server would take only so many then stop. I hope this
helps
Mark