ADSM-L

Re: ADSM client on NetWare 3.11

1997-02-21 19:58:46
Subject: Re: ADSM client on NetWare 3.11
From: Andy Raibeck <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:58:46 PST
David Wentworth asks:

>We have ADSM's NetWare client running an several NetWare 3.1x and 4.11
>servers with no problems but have run into a problem on one particular
>NetWare 3.11 server. This is a new install. When the ADSM client attempts
>to access the NetWare file system the server hangs.  There is no abend
>message.  The server does not respond to the keyboard and can no longer be
>seen on the network. We have to power cycle the server.

If this is what I think it is, it's a known problem.

You mentioned that you applied 311PTG.EXE. I think this patch series may
be the trouble. We've seen this problem crop up whenever any 311PTx.EXE
patch is applied; if you suppress the loading of this patch and re-boot
the server, I suspect that this problem will go away.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support