ADSM-L

ADSM client on NetWare 3.11

1997-02-21 18:51:27
Subject: ADSM client on NetWare 3.11
From: "David H. Wentworth" <David.Wentworth AT UCOP DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:51:27 -0800
We have ADSM's NetWare client running an several NetWare 3.1x and 4.11
servers with no problems but have run into a problem on one particular
NetWare 3.11 server. This is a new install. When the ADSM client attempts
to access the NetWare file system the server hangs.  There is no abend
message.  The server does not respond to the keyboard and can no longer be
seen on the network. We have to power cycle the server.

Specifially, if I load DSMC.NLM and enter the command: QUERY BACKUP SYS:*
it will prompt me for the ADSM client password and then for the NetWare
user name and password.  When I enter the NetWare password the cursor moves
down one line and then the system freezes. I can't toggle to other console
screens.  If I'm using RCONSOLE the connection is lost.  The server no
longer shows up in SLIST and can' be logged into.

I've applied the following updates and patches:

        TCP101
        TCP188
        TCP31A
        STRTL5
        FLEX196 (v1.2c)
        SMSUP5 (TSA311.NLM and SMDR.NLM only for ADSM)
        RCONSOLE.EXE (to v3.75)
        MONITOR.NLM (to v1.76)
        311PTG

The ADSM client is v2.1.0.5

If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

        Dave

| David Wentworth          | University of California |
| david.wentworth AT ucop DOT edu | Office of the President  |