ADSM-L

Invalid inclexcl option under Solaris 2.5.1?

1997-02-21 14:03:39
Subject: Invalid inclexcl option under Solaris 2.5.1?
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:03:39 -0500
Hopefully there will be some help here on this problem where dsmc refuses
to run due to invalid options in my inclexcl file.  These entries worked
fine for a few months now.  We just rebooted last night and now it won't
start.  Here is my current inclexcl file:

include /var/adm/* logs
include /var/httpd/* logs
include /var/ftpd/* logs
include /var/log/* logs
include /var/cron/log logs
include /var/mail/* mail
include /var/archives/.../* archlogs
exclude /.../core
exclude /public/ftp/incoming/*
exclude /.../.cache/.../*
exclude /.../.netscape/cache/.../*
exclude /public/html/hurl/.../builds/.../*
exclude /mnt/.../*
exclude /var/mail/server
exclude /.../.mirror

I'm now getting errors from running dsmc complaining about:

# dsmc
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.5
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1996, All Rights Reserved.

ANS4042S Invalid option '/..../public/ftp/incoming/*' found in options file
ANS4042S Invalid option '/..../public/ftp/incoming/*' found in options file
'/etc/inclexcl.adsm'
         at line number : 9
         Invalid entry : 'exclude /public/ftp/incoming/*'

ANS4046S Include/Exclude pattern is missing a closing bracket
#
#

I've tried a variety of options, but still get the same error message.  I
commented out the line and then it errors on the ...hurl... entry too.
This is ridiculous.  Why has this stopped working?  ADSM will not support
as this is a Solaris 2.5.1 client.

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development