ADSM-L

volhist date/time info

1997-02-21 13:36:24
Subject: volhist date/time info
From: Diane Ashby <Diane.Ashby AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 12:36:24 -0600
From a q volhist command there's a reported field called
Date/Time.  Though the manual gives the description, "Date and
time for the volume information," I'm perplexed:
1. Is this info the date/time the volume was manufactured,
checked in, first written to, last written to, creation date of the
oldest file on the volume, or what?
2. I ask this because at least 5 of our records have a date of
12/31/1969 or 01/01/1970; 3590s haven't been around nearly
that long, and we've only been using ADSM a couple years; thus
my state of perplexion.

Who can tell me what the scoop is here?
--Diane
diane.ashby AT toro DOT com