ADSM-L

Re: Different includes/excludes

1997-02-19 08:48:32
Subject: Re: Different includes/excludes
From: David Hendrix <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 07:48:32 -0600
Dave Sanders asks:

> A client would like to have a seperate include/exclude list during the week
> vs. during the weekend.  I know there have been discussions about this in
> the past,,, but could someone refresh the topic??

We have been implementing something like that here recently.  We simply
define multiple "clients" for one host and run a scheduler process in
the background for each one.  Accomplished by:

1. Multiple server stanzas in dsm.sys (one for each "client").  This
allows different client tcpip addresses (we need this), schedule logs,
retentions, inclexcl lists etc. by client.

2. Multiple dsm.opt files, one for each client, specifying a domain,
server (defined in dsm.sys above), etc.

3. DSM_CONFIG is set to appropriate dsm.opt file and dsmc schedule is
started in background, one for each client.

4. Separate schedules with associated nodes are defined on the server.

It has worked great for us.

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com