ADSM-L

Re: Problems with ADSM Server PTF 12

1997-02-18 21:59:07
Subject: Re: Problems with ADSM Server PTF 12
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 12:59:07 +1000
Trevor Foley
19/02/97 12:59
On:

I guess since I started this steam in the first place, I should confirm
that we have in fact installed the supplied patch, and we have been running
problem free now for 5 or so days now. Although straight after we installed
the patch things took a turn for the worse, but that turned out to be a
corrupt database. We are still trying to work out how it became corrupt.

Dwight, yes our buffers are big. But we are setting our system up for the
load that we anticipate coming on board over the next month or so. This
server (the first of 3) will be backing up many gigabytes/night. Besides,
we have a stack of spare memory, so we figured we may as well use it. The
current cache hits is 99.42%, so I guess we have it set big enouhg :-).
However, we only have around 10% of our load on at this stage.

Trevor