ADSM-L

Re: restore problem reading more than one version of backup.

1997-02-18 19:52:09
Subject: Re: restore problem reading more than one version of backup.
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:52:09 EST
On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 13:11:56 CST Nader Hashemi said:
>ADSM Sharks;
>I back up my servers directly to the tape and today I needed to restore one our
>important images (160MB in size) file. I setup my copy group to keep 4 version
>of data that exist and two version deleted. would any one be able to tell me ho
>w do I see all four copies that ADSM was suppose to keep . because I do not see
>more than on copy when I try to restore . can any one help? thanks.

The method to see the older inactive copies depends on the client type and
age.

If you are using the GUI client, then you can click on view before choosing
a restore type.

With the command line client, use the -inactive flag.

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513