ADSM-L

Re: PTF 12 and drivers for 3494

1997-02-14 01:15:19
Subject: Re: PTF 12 and drivers for 3494
From: Gerhard Holst <root AT RZAIX55.RRZ.UNI-HAMBURG DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 07:15:19 +0100
* ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU *
************************
                                                                  14 - 02 - 1997

Re.: PTF 12 and drivers for 3494

Dean Roy asked:
---------------
> Question : PTF 12 indicates that Atape 2.1.6.0 is required .
> Question : PTF 12 indicates that Atape 2.1.6.0 is required .
>
>         I currently have Atape 2.5.2.1 and atldd 2.5.1.0 installed (3494
> library)
>  Can I just upgrade the Atape driver or is a new atldd required as well?
>
>         What are other 3494 users using?
>

>         The reason I ask is that I tried to install Atape 2.5.1.4 which I got
> from
> index.storsys.ibm.com yesterday and the install crashed the machine and blew
> away my system disk. Needless to say we had a very long night of restoring
> etc.
> to get our server back up and running!
>
>         I'd be very interested in hearing what drivers other 3494/PTF 12
> users are
> using!
>
>                                                                 Thanks

David Ong asked:
----------------
> Does anybody know where the atldd driver for AIX is stored nowadays? I
> Does anybody know where the atldd driver for AIX is stored nowadays? I
> can't seem to find it anywhere on the ftp server, index.storsys.ibm.com.
>
> Thanks in advance.

We have the following setup, that we use since about 2 months without any
We have the following setup, that we use since about 2 months without any
problems:
hardware:
        SCSI adapter    EC level 74
        3494 library    EC level C88758
                        LM patch level 50F.03
        3590 drives     EC level D19124
                        link level 53F2
software:
        AIX             4.1.4
        ADSM client     2.1.0.5
        ADSM server     2.1.5.11
        Atape           2.6.1.0
        atldd           2.5.1.4

We upgraded the Atape and atldd software, when we went from version 2.1.5.8
to version 2.1.5.11 for the ADSM server. This was recommended by IBM at that
time. We had no problems with the installation of the software.

We found the driver software on the FTP-server "index.storsys.ibm.com". IBM
recommended to log-in as user "drivers" with password "vetday", and the
software was stored in the directory "devdrvr/AIX".

Kind regards,

Gerhard.

* Gerhard Holst                                                  *
* Regionales Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Hamburg (RRZ-UNI-HH) *
* Schlueterstrasse 70                                            *
* D-20146  H a m b u r g                                         *
* G  E  R  M  A  N  Y                                            *
* Phone   : 49 40 4123 5980                                      *
* Fax     : 49 40 4123 6270                                      *
* Internet: holst AT rrz.uni-hamburg DOT de                             *