ADSM-L

Questions on 3494/3590's Use on NT and HP-UX 10

1997-02-13 13:56:00
Subject: Questions on 3494/3590's Use on NT and HP-UX 10
From: "Lasher, Chuck" <lasherc AT WDNI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:56:00 -0800
I know all of you have better things to do but I would appreciate your
response to any or all of the following questions.  Thanks for your help
in advance.

We have NT and HP-UX 9 and 10 adsm client servers and are backing up to
an ADSM Server running on MVS using a 3494 with eight 3590 tape drives
in it.  So far all nodes are in the same building but as we begin
looking at more of an enterprise implementation we don't believe the
wide area T1 link we have will provide the bandwidth to accomodate our
needs.  Thus, we may need to consider using NT and/or HP-UX 9 or 10
systems to provide ADSM server capabilities in each major corporate
complex.

My questions are:

1. Is anyone successfully using NT as an ADSM server?

2. If so what seems to be its capacity in terms of number of clients it
can service at once before you need to add another adsm server?

3. Is anyone successfully using the 3494 robot and 3590 Magstar tape
drives on NT?  Any configuration issues?

4. Is anyone successfully using the only the 3590 Magstar tape drives on
NT?  Any configuration issues?

5. Is anyone successfully using HP-UX 10  as an ADSM server?

6. If so what seems to be its capacity in terms of number of clients it
can service at once before you need to add another adsm server?

7. Is anyone successfully using the 3494 robot and 3590 Magstar tape
drives on HP-UX 10?  Any configuration issues?

8. Is anyone successfully using only the 3590 Magstar tape drives on
HP-UX 10?  Any configuration issues?

Chuck Lasher
Weyerhaeuser Company
lasherc AT wdni DOT com