ADSM-L

PTF 12 and drivers for 3494

1997-02-13 14:28:49
Subject: PTF 12 and drivers for 3494
From: Dean Roy <dean AT ALPHA.UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 14:28:49 EST
Question : PTF 12 indicates that Atape 2.1.6.0 is required .

        I currently have Atape 2.5.2.1 and atldd 2.5.1.0 installed (3494
library)
 Can I just upgrade the Atape driver or is a new atldd required as well?

        What are other 3494 users using?

        The reason I ask is that I tried to install Atape 2.5.1.4 which I got
from
index.storsys.ibm.com yesterday and the install crashed the machine and blew
away my system disk. Needless to say we had a very long night of restoring etc.
to get our server back up and running!

        I'd be very interested in hearing what drivers other 3494/PTF 12 users
are
using!

                                                                Thanks

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-4232 Ext 2763
  University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083