ADSM-L

Re: Forcing migration for a disk pool

1997-02-12 10:59:31
Subject: Re: Forcing migration for a disk pool
From: Mike Berkley <Mike.Berkley AT EC.GC DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 07:59:31 -0800
> "CM" == CC Masters <cmaster1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM> writes:

CM> You can start a migration process by updating your stgpool "hi"
CM> and "lo".  There is no schedule trigerring mechanisms, I schedule
CM> the command "UPD STG stgpoolname HI=10 LO=0" to execute about the
CM> time most backups should be complete.  This should start migration
CM> until the low migration threshold is met.

I'm very new to ADSM.  Is there any problem with just setting the
migration levels on the disk storage pool to HI=0 and LO=0?  With
these settings, our ADSM server appears to effectively use disk
storage pools as staging areas, so backups go quickly to disk but
complete migration to tape starts immediately.

I also have a max file size set (huge files go directly to tape), and
caching set (for rapid restores).

Mike Berkley
Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis
Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis
Atmospheric Environment Service
University of Victoria
P.O. Box 1700
Victoria, BC  V8W 2Y2
CANADA

Phone: (250)472-7311  Fax: (250)472-7300  e-mail: Mike.Berkley AT ec.gc DOT ca