ADSM-L

Rotation of data to offsite storage and back

1997-02-12 08:28:50
Subject: Rotation of data to offsite storage and back
From: "Larimer, Dave" <Dave_Larimer AT KNE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 06:28:50 -0700
I am running ADSM on a VM V1 server.  I am about to upgrade to V2, but I
have some questions concerning the rotating of daily backups tapes
offsite.  I am unsure how to accomplish this.
        In version 1 there were no provisions that I could see to copy a single
nodes data offsite.  In studying the V2 manuals, I see that there is
still no way to copy an individual nodes data to a volume destined for
offsite storage.  Does anyone know how this is done or have ideas on how
to move data offsite?

Environment:
        VM v1 server
        TCP/IP
        STORAGE POOLS
                Two primary disk pools
                        Archive pool - 1 gig capacity
                        Backup pool  - 5.7 gig capacity
                Two secondary tape pools
                        Archive tape pool - 75 gig capacity   82% utilized
                        Backup tape pool - 828 gig capacity  63% utilized

My company wants to move data that has been backed up during the night
offsite and then move it back onsite after a specified amount of time.
Archive tapes for a spacific node also to be moved offsite for a
specified amount of time.  To copy my backup tape pool would be
impossible on a daily basis.