ADSM-L

Re: list of scratch volumes

1997-02-11 19:58:45
Subject: Re: list of scratch volumes
From: Jon Despotes <jond AT WINTERNET DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:58:45 -0600
I don't remember if your initial request was to know all the scratch
tapes, or just the empty ones.

  We have an IBM 3490 C11, and a manual library so the system we've worked
for the scratch tapes is to keep track of the highest numbered tape in a
file on the system.  As all our tapes are numbered in sequence, if we need
to know the empty ones, we just query for the ones in use, dumping this
info to a file, and then check every number starting from zero up to the
highest volume to see if it is in the file resulting from the query for in
use tapes.  It's not real fast, but it does work.

Perhaps some variation on this would work for you.