ADSM-L

Re: list of scratch volumes

1997-02-11 14:54:00
Subject: Re: list of scratch volumes
From: "Bonetti, Dan J." <bonettdj AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:54:00 -0500
Hi there,

        To get a good list of tapes that have been initialized, mtlib command
can be used:

                mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qI

This can be cat into a file to be looked at later. Everything with a
FF00 status has been labeled, but not checked in to ADSM. I am assuming
you are using a 3494 tape library.

        To look at scratches, I have set up a little script that doe sthe
following:

        dsmadmc -id=     -password=  q libvol | grep Scratch > Scratches

This issues the command and finds Scratches. From here, you can issue
wc -l to count lines in file or whatever.