ADSM-L

Re: Create Tape Listing in ADSM

1997-02-11 13:30:38
Subject: Re: Create Tape Listing in ADSM
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 13:30:38 -0500
>I need to get a list of all my tapes that have been initialized by the
>'dsmlabel' command in ADSM (AIX).

In the case of a 3494 tape library, tapes have a Category Code of "Insert"
(X'FF00') before and after the dsmlabel operation: it's just the case that
after labeling they are acceptable to ADSM's CHECKIn command.  (And these
days it's customary to get 3590 tapes pre-labeled by the vendor.)
One can query the 3494 directly for its tape inventory via the command
'mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qI' to see which tapes have the Insert code and thus
are new to the library.          Richard Sims, Boston University OIT