ADSM-L

Create Tape Listing in ADSM

1997-02-11 12:45:41
Subject: Create Tape Listing in ADSM
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 12:45:41 EST
From: Mike Knight, ISSC Aerospace, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 11:26:31 -0500, Mary McCool asked:ccool AT AOL DOT COM>

>I need to get a list of all my tapes that have been initialized by the
>'dsmlabel' command in ADSM (AIX).  The 'query volume' command only gives me a
>list of tapes that have been assigned to a storage pool.  I also need to list
>my scratch tapes.

If you are using an automated library, the QUERY LIBVOLUME command is what
you are looking for.  This will list all tapes that are checked into a
library, scratch or private.  You can redirect the output to a file and
manipulate the report if needed.  If the tapes were just labeled, but not
checked in (CHECKIN LIBVOLUME), they will not show up.

You may also be able to run reports from an external library manager, like
AIX's mtlib command for 3494 libraries, and list categories of tapes.

       Mike (Not ADSM support) Knight