ADSM-L

Backup DB question

1997-02-10 19:20:58
Subject: Backup DB question
From: Francisco Reyes <reyesf AT SUPER.ZIPPO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:20:58 -0400
I recently upgraded to version 2 (running on OS/2).
One of the first things I read about was protecting the server. I
noticed the Dump DB was superceeded by the Backup DB command. The
problem I am having is re-using tapes that contain previous Backup
DBs. On version 1 I was rotating 4 tapes for Dumps. Now on Version 2
when I place a previously used tape it says something about "tape
alreay in use".

When I first got this error (when the tapes had the Dumps from V1) I
deleted the tapes from the volume history, however I am looking for a
better way of reusing the backup db tapes. Indicating either scratch
or volume name didn't seem to help.

Also is there a way to append to a tape the incremental or do each
incremental have to go on their own tape (which is what it seems).