ADSM-L

Re: Collocation Levels

1997-02-07 13:49:49
Subject: Re: Collocation Levels
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 12:49:49 -0600
     There are apars that address this.  I'm slow and on ptf9 but have 10,
     11, & 12 here but can't remember which one includes some enhancements
     to reduce the number of partially filled tapes with collocation being
     turned on.... Grab ptf-12 and scan for collocation... If the right
     combination of events occur older adsm servers would grab scratch
     tapes to write to ending in multiple partially filled tapes.
     NOTE : the number of tape mounts will basically boil down to how much
     data is on a client, how many copies you are keeping, and what data
     you want back...
     REMEMBER : without collocation, over time, you stand a good chance of
     haveing a file from a given node on each and every tape in your
     library sooooo many tape mounts is a relative term here... is it many
     when compared to mounting every tape in your library?
     later
          Dwight