ADSM-L

include/exclude

2015-10-04 18:10:11
Subject: include/exclude
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/7/97 1:16PM
I would suggest a combination of the following:

DOMAIN D: G: U:

Exclude g:\*.*
Exclude g:\...\*.*
Include g:\---------------

Same for U drive..

Explanation:

The Domain statement tells ADSM which drives are to be considered part of the
"local" machine.  Note that if you code the statement as I have, the C: drive
will NOT be backed up.  If this is needed too, then add C: to the list of
drives.

The Exclude/include sample that I provided assumes that each person is mapping
a common level of the network drives, and that you really don't want everyone
backing up the common files.  The 2 exclude statements will keep people from
backing up everything (and duplicating others, while the include statements wi
ll specifically point to directories or files that you want beacked up.  If
this assumption is incorrect, and each person backs up to a unique point on
the server, such as his own user directory, and there are no shared directorie
s on these drives, then the Exclude and Include statements are not needed.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com