ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:10:11
From: Jerry Lawson ITT Hartford Insurance Group (860) 547-2960 jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
Date: February 5, 1997 Time: 09:34
We have been trying to install the Sun client on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine, even
though we know it isn't supported - but let's not go there, we are having
other problems.....

We have ordered IP20880  several times, and each time we seem to get a bad
tape.  Has anyone else had problems with this?  It's been suggested that tapes
are being x-rayed somewhere perhaps, but other tapes come into the company ok,
so I doubt if its someone in the mailroom is looking for a letter bomb.

We have tried to download the level 6 client, and use the PKGADD process that
people have discussed, but have been unsuccessful there too.  Can someone who
has successfully done this give us a hand here?

BTW - in searching through the IBMLink entries, it would seem that there is an
error on the Solaris client info - It lists IP20880 as supporting Solaris 2.5,
but the component is listed as AE1, while the Sun OS line lists the component
as AVJ.  Yet the cover letter for IP20880 says the component ID is AVJ.  I
assume the cover letter is correct, and II07777 is wrong - is this correct
IBM?  Or are we ordering the wrong tape.

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com

Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's the day to day stuff that really wears you
down.

                        Anton Chekov