ADSM-L

Re: Expire & comm's queries

1997-02-06 11:31:11
Subject: Re: Expire & comm's queries
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 10:31:11 -0600
     On #2, why a scheduled cmd to run a script to run a backup, just run
     the backup...
     and the continued attempt might not be associated with the backup, it
     could be the scheduler trying to establish a session to communicate
     the offset of the next scheduled event...
     last tid bit... In a guess-duh-mation that the node admins probably
     wouldn't have the forsight to set access to another node and not
     knowing just what miracle they are going to want me to perform next I
     attempted to run a scheduled command that did a DSMC SET ACCESS BACKUP
     "*" servernode root -PASS=blahpass (most of the client nodes I don't
     even have a plain id on but I do know all the client pswds)  Well the
     scheduled event FAILED and for some reason the client started in with
     looping connections like you have mentioned.  I had to have the
     scheduler (dsmc sched) killed on that node to get it to stop.

     On #3  check sched log... I know it reall only says FAILED in there
     also but if your client system has anything like SMF records (ie MVS)
     I would look into your serialization options and activity against that
     dataset at that time... then maybe an inspect against that data set's
     disk area... I have yet to see adsm fail to backup a dataset without
     1) it being trash to begin with (I/O errors on the device) OR
     2) serialization options saying DON'T DO IT which yields a "failed"