ADSM-L

FW: ADSM & NT status

1997-02-05 18:05:59
Subject: FW: ADSM & NT status
From: Paul Schwartz <71421.1614 AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 18:05:59 EST
The following was an e-mail I received from a technician here trying to install
the new 2.1.6 version of ADSM for NT.
If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know:

The biggest problem I've encountered with 2-1-6, so far, is that about 75% of
the time, the installation doesn't complete correctly.  Specifically, it doesn't
complete all necessary modifications of the registry, so that the scheduler
service isn't startable. This is occurring on what should be virtually identical
HP-LH servers, so I'm mystified as to why it's happening.  A manual backup &
restoration will run, however, so I know that the software itself is sound.

It may be that I can manually complete the entries, and everything will work...
I'll test this when I have some time.  For now, though, I've decided to go ahead
and install the older version, since I know that it works, and we're under the
gun to get ADSM working in the districts (the local NT backups seem to be
getting more flakey every day).

Thanks,
Paul Schwartz
Alliant Foodservice