ADSM-L

Netware Client Problems revisited

1997-02-05 17:29:00
Subject: Netware Client Problems revisited
From: J Holdren <JFH5 AT PSUVM.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 17:29:00 EST
I am not sure if the recent netware problems have anything to do with
this reference that is still in the README or not, that is why I'm
asking.  B-)

** o Documented in APAR IC14811:
**
**  > NetWare v3.11 server hangs after message "Connecting to a NetWare
**  >      File System (<name>).
**
**  Problem is caused by Novell's 311PTE.EXE patch

This has been happening to one of our departments and it has only been
happening to them since they upgraded to the 2.1.6 client in January.
(I am not sure at this point which 2.1.6 client they were using but
by the description of the problem (an invalid attribute structure) it
has nothing to do with the above APAR description.)  And to top it all
off, they have Novell's 311PTG.EXE patch on.

The deptartment is running Netware 3.11 with these patches installed
as instructed by the README:

    LIBUP9.EXE
    STRTL5.EXE
    TCP31A.EXE

There are no other patches except for the 311ptg.EXE patch.

The netware server hangs every time they try to use the NLM server client.
The workstation client v 2 works so that is how they are getting around
the problem for now.  The server client worked fine prior to installing
the 311ptg.EXE patch.

Any and all suggestions welcomed and encouraged.

Thanks,

J Holdren                   (~              Center for Academic Computing
jfh5 AT psu DOT edu            PENN_)TATE          224A Computer Bldg
1 (814) 865-2964                            University Park, PA  16802