ADSM-L

ADMS command line listings

1997-02-04 19:26:00
Subject: ADMS command line listings
From: Steve Wilson <SteveW AT DIS.WA DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 16:26:00 PST
I was wondering if anybody knows of a way you can change the column widths
of the ADSM  output from the command line.

ADSM will automatically adjust the space in-between the columns for
different screen sizes.   However the columns appear to be static.   If the
text will not fit into the given area it is hyphenated and continued on the
next line.

I encountered this problem when I automated the daily  event checking
routine to mail exception notices to nodes which have not completed
successfully the previous night.    Everything works great for node who's
name is 13 characters or less.   The problem arises when the node names
greater that 13 characters are encountered.   I have a work around for this
situation by creating an entry in the mail aliases name file for these
shortened node names.  There are other situations where it would be nice to
be able to format the output yourself so you don't have to do it manually
latter.

Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks in advance.

Steve Wilson
WA. State Dept. of Info Services
stevew AT dis.wa DOT gov