ADSM-L

Backup with NT 4.0

1997-02-04 04:12:33
Subject: Backup with NT 4.0
From: Bruno Friess <bfriess AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:12:33 CET
I have a problem to backup any file with ADSM for NT 4.0, if I log in as
Backup-Operator or another user. ADSM is installed on a single PC as Server
and Client. In use is the GA-Version of the Server and PTF6 of the client.
The system return always the error ANS7641E, because I have no rights to
access the system registry. If I log in as admin, it works fine.
I need a sort of user who can backup the whole system, but the user did not
be able to admin the system.

Another problem are the connected files. No user (the admin too) can backup
his settings (User Profile). In list-failures are the files
   c: .. ntuser.dat
   c: .. ntuser.dat.log
visible.
Have somebody an idea? Is this a problem only with NT 4.0 ?
What rights must an user have to backup the whole system ?
Bruno