ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:10:11
Message authorized by:
    : [email protected]_at_internet at X400post

------ =_0_MIME_Boundary_26285.32f5fc07.im9qon10.mta.mcdermott.com
     One way I got around the 0% was to do an AUDIT Volume after you LIST
     contents to make sure volume is empty.  The AUDIT comes back with an
     error and then changes the volume to empty.  I use the MOVE DATA
     command to empty volumes less than 5% and then AUDIT so I can reuse.

_________________________________
Subject: Re: copy stg pool
Author:  [email protected]_at_internet at X400post
Date:    1/31/97 9:09 AM

Item Subject: 1.txt "internet headers"
Could not convert BINARY FILE item to text.
Will attempt to 'shar' item as file '01r7h47' at end of msg.

Item Subject: copy stg pool
     Oh, just one little side note on tape utilization % and
     recycle/reclamation %...  I've seen in using 3590 tapes that the
     percent valid data can be 0.0 but there are still files on the tape. I
     believe I saw this with a reclamation threshold of 100% and adsm
     mounted a tape for reclamation.  (I seem to remember that was how I
     noticed it... but I'm getting old & have slept since then)  Oh well,
     guess one significant digit past the decimal point just doesn't cut it
     anymore in today's technology ;-)
     later
          Dwight
                just providing another odd event