ADSM-L

Re: IMPORT node questions

1997-01-31 13:44:25
Subject: Re: IMPORT node questions
From: Tom Denier <tom AT STAFF.UDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 13:44:25 -0500
Paul L. Bradshaw wrote:

> Export/Import is a bad solution to use for this.  Instead you should use
> the Copy StgPool feature, plus to help you in your automation you should
> consider obtaining the DRM (Disaster Recovery Manager) feature of the
> product.

I am well aware that a copy storage pool would be a better solution, but
that will not be an option until we get ADSM Version 2 installed. We are
approaching the upgrade to Version 2 very cautiously, since the upgrade
procedure appears to have been designed by people who think "What could
go wrong?" is a rhetorical question.