ADSM-L

General Questions

1997-01-29 07:41:53
Subject: General Questions
From: "Wood, Darren" <DWood AT HOF.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 12:41:53 -0000
Hi everybody,
                   I've got a few  questions to which I can't seem to
find the answers to and was wondering if anybody knew the answers.

Set up :- AIX 4.1.4/5, Server 2.1.0.11, Client 2.1.0.1

1) Is it possible to have lines of comment in the include exclude file ?

2) Is there a way, when querying filespace to display which tape volume
it resides on or is the only way to show this info is by doing a query
content ?

3) If I have a script which contains a 'dsmc selective' command, this
script is then run via the scheduler and if the output does not go to
the dsmsched.log file then where does it go ?

4) On the Client GUI how do I change the default so that all file detail
options are shown as default instead of having to check them every time
I start the GUI ?

5) How do you folks deal with having an ADSM d/b backup on-site as well
as off-site if you are unable to take a copy of the ADSM d/b backup tape
?

     TIA

          Darren