ADSM-L

Setting Time on the ADSM server

2015-10-04 18:10:54
Subject: Setting Time on the ADSM server
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 1/28/97 11:16PM
First, What server platform are you using?

Second - how are you determining that the times are different?

A couple of general comments.... If you are using MVS or VM for the erver,
they obtain the time through the C run time libraries.  There have been
some PTFs released against these - they have been known to provide GMT when
you expect them to return local time.  This can cause lots  of problems
with schedules, logs, etc.  (I am not sure how other servers pick up the
time).

If you are looking at the time through what is displayed on an Admin GUI,
there are two different times displayed - one is the server time, while the
other is the time on the machine you are running the client on.  I expect
that unless you are running the admin client on the same physical machine
as the server, they will always be different.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    1/28/97 11:16 PM

I have a very simple question.  The time on my ADSM server is out of sync with
the actual time.
I want to change the time on the server.

I got the current time on the server by doing SHOW time at the adsm prompt.
Cannot find any reference to update the time

Your help is really appreciated