ADSM-L

Offsite DR Cartridges

1997-01-27 09:50:18
Subject: Offsite DR Cartridges
From: Jim Kleberg <Kleberg_James_R/svoa0001 AT SSB DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:50:18 -0500
        We are a new ADSM shop using MVS as a server (2.1.0.10) and TLMS as
     our tape management system.  We colocate our onsite primary pool, but
     not our offsite copypool.  Onsite restores have been quite smooth, but
     we fear that a DR situation would pose some issues (the number of
     cartridges needed to restore a single server could be excessive).
        Is there anyone out there using offsite colocation?  Or is there
     any way to keep less data in the offsite copypool (just keep active
     files)?
        Also, for a DR test or in the case of media failure, there doesn't
     seem to be any way to find out what cartridges would be needed to
     restore a specific node or filespace.  Can anyone shed some light?
        Thanks for your help.

                Jim Kleberg, State Street Bank  617-985-8392