ADSM-L

Re: STARTING THE OS/2 CLIENT THROUGH THE STARTUP.CMD

1997-01-27 04:53:54
Subject: Re: STARTING THE OS/2 CLIENT THROUGH THE STARTUP.CMD
From: "CN=U0782/O=SDC@SDC @ SDC_EXTERN_DOMAIN U0782 - DKSDCPLN" <dksdcamc AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:53:54 EST

Eric van Loon wrote:

>Hi ADSM-ers!
>I have the following problem on my OS/2 clients:
>I have the following lines in my CONFIG.SYS:
>SET DSMG_CONFIG=C:\ADSM\DSM.OPT
>SET DSM_CONFIG=C:\ADSM\DSM.OPT
>SET DSMG_DIR=C:\ADSM
>SET DSM_DIR=C:\ADSM
>and the following line in my STARTUP.CMD:
>START "ADSM scheduler" /C /MIN /I C:\ADSM\DSMC.EXE SCHED -PAS=PSW
>According to the OS/2 Help /I parameter causes the new session to inherit the
>...environment defined by the SET statements in the CONFIG.SYS.
>But when the Scheduler is started it creates the DSMSCHED.LOG in the C: root.
>...When I start it through the ADSM icon it creates the DSMSCHED.LOG in the
>...C:\ADSM directory. Am I missing something?
>Any reply is appreciated!
>Kindest regards,
>Eric van Loon

DSMSCHED.LOG is created in the directory from where you start ADSM unless you
in the DSM.OPT file has
defined it to be placed in a specific directory.
When starting through the ADSM icon the installation has inserted the working
directory C:\ADSM and the DSMSCHED.LOG
will be placed there.
If you in the DSM.OPT file specify "SCHEDLOGNAME C:\ADSM\DSMSCHED.LOG" it will
always be in
the C:\ADSM directory.

Regards

Jorgen Bentsen