ADSM-L

Re: Informix on Raw Devices

1997-01-23 11:35:28
Subject: Re: Informix on Raw Devices
From: Heiko Andresen <andresen AT DRESDNERBANK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 17:35:28 +0100

> I have a customer with two 3490s sitting virtually unused.  They are =
> also contemplating getting a couple of 3590s.  They have SAP with an =
> Informix database running on an AIX 4.1 system on raw drives.  They are =
> telling me that Informix cannot cope with the autoloaders, and ADSM, =
> which can cope with 3490s doesn't work with raw devices.  I thought =
> adsmpipe would do raw devices, but it can only do full offline backups =
> and is not fully supported.  Comments or suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Russ Brooks

Russ,

as far as I know ....the new Informix-release 7.21 has a new backup-feature
called ONBAR. It should work with any X/Open api, like the adsm-api on
AIX-boxes. A good source for information about this topic is
http://www.storage.com/storage/software/adsm/adwhdb.htm

Heiko
--
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de