ADSM-L

ADSM Server on SP2

1997-01-21 05:20:42
Subject: ADSM Server on SP2
From: Andy Pryer <Andrew.Pryer AT RS-COMPONENTS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:20:42 +0000
     I'm trying to install ADSM onto on IBM SP2, AIX 4.1.4.  The install of
     ADSM is no problem, and works fine if I use normal files for database
     & log volumes.

     However, if I try to use VSD ( Virtual Shared Disk ), the ADSM server
     will not use the raw logical volumes provided.  It complains that they
     are too small, when in fact they are 256MB. The following error is
     generated :-

     For a db volume

     adsm> def dbv /dev/rvdb
     ANR2409E DEFINE DBVOLUME: Capacity of volume /dev/rvdb must be at
     least 5
     megabytes.
     ANS5102I Return code 14.

     The RAW volume concerned is 256 MB

     The following error is also given when tryin to define a storage pool
     disk volume on a VSD :-

     adsm> def vol ora /dev/rvora
     ANR2032E DEFINE VOLUME: Command failed - internal server error
     detected.
     ANS5102I Return code 4.

     The internal error is :-

     ANR9999D dsvol.c(485): Error 2 creating bit vector DSKV0000000003 for
     disk
     /dev/rvora.

     Does anyone have experience of VSDs and ADSM, and come accross this
     problem ?

     Any help greatly appreciated....

     Andy Pryer
     Senior Systems Programmer