ADSM-L

All users: Mailer attachments -- a small request

1997-01-17 15:51:15
Subject: All users: Mailer attachments -- a small request
From: "Scott D. Courtney" <courtney AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 15:51:15 EST
Good afternoon!  This note is addressed to someone who uses
Microsoft Mail or Microsoft Exchange Client to post to the list.
With some help from another user, I think I've narrowed down who
it is but I am not 100% sure so I'm going to post the request
to the listserver.  Please, if you use one of these products,
check to see if you are the person I'm describing...

Dear MS Mail/Exchange User,

I would like to make a small request of you.  When your notes are
posted to the ADSM list, there is a large UUENCODE attachment from
the mailer.  This is causing me (and probably other non-Windows
users) some problems.  My mailer decodes the UUE just fine, but
what's inside is Microsoft Word format or some other proprietary
document type.  I can't read your posts, and neither can anyone
else who doesn't use Windows.  Since ADSM supports Novell, OS/2,
MVS, VM, and several UNIX flavors, it's not realistic to suppose
that everyone even has a PC or that all PC users run Windows.
Would it be possible for you to change your mailer settings to
have your notes go out in plain text?  I'm sure what you have
to say is valuable, and you are losing part of your readers
with the current situation.

Thank you for considering this request.

Purgamentum init,           Scott D. Courtney, Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Purgamentum init,           Scott D. Courtney, Sr. Programmer/Analyst
exit purgamentum.           The Timken Company (Canton, Ohio, USA)