ADSM-L

ADSTAR FOR OS/2 V 2.1 (NetWare NDS)

1997-01-17 08:45:00
Subject: ADSTAR FOR OS/2 V 2.1 (NetWare NDS)
From: Bill King <bill AT NSMC.PARTNERS DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 08:45:00 -0500
Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding the backup and restore of NetWares
NDS.

I have adstar for os/2 v2.1.  I have one netware 4.1 file server.

1. I run the command Q B DIR/FULL (from fs1), this should give me a list of
full nds directory backups and I get no matching files.  If I run Q B DIR
(from fs1),  the nds entries scroll down the screen.

Here are the nds commands in my DSM.OPT file under COMMMETHOD.

        - DOMAIN        ALL-LOCAL FS1\DIR
        - NWUS          FS1\ADMIN:PASSWORD

2. When I restore the  nds to a new file server on its own segment with the
adstar machine it fails with a -601 error.  The server has the same name,
ipx internal network number and volume structure.  I have patched the
netware server to the same level as the original file server.  I have used
the same nds files from the original file server.

Any help would be appreciated....
bill king
bill AT nsmc.partners DOT org